BC EYPD Hub Business Consultant (RFP)
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Request for Proposals BC EYPD Hub Growth and Sustainability Business Plan
About the BC Early Years Professional Development (EYPD) Hub
In 2019, as part of the BC Child Care Plan, BC Family Child Care Association, Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia, Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre, and the Early Childhood Pedagogy Network (the EYPD Hub Partnership) each received funding to develop and expand key professional development opportunities for early care and learning professionals in BC. Each funding agreement included a mandate to increase access to professional development through the creation of online learning opportunities. Rather than developing four separate learning sites, the partners decided to work together to build a shared asset for the sector that would go beyond traditional course-based learning. The vision was to create a virtual space for educators to come together, learn with and from each other, share knowledge and experiences, and connect with others across the sector. In July 2021, the founding partners welcomed BC Aboriginal Child Care Society as a full partner in the EYPD Hub. Learn more at https://bcearlyyearshub.ca/. Interested consultants may set up a free account on the EYPD Hub by clicking the “Sign up” button and providing the necessary details. This Request for Proposals is being administered by Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC) on behalf of the EYPD Hub Partnership.
|November 21, 2022||Release Request for Proposals|
|December 19, 2022||Proposal deadline. Proposals to be submitted via email to Kerry Watts at email@example.com|
|January 3 - 6, 2023||Interview consultants|
|January 11, 2023||Consultant selected and advised|
|January 17, 2023||Initial meeting with EYPD Hub Partnership|
|March 14, 2023||Interim report and recommendations to EYPD Hub Partnership|
|March 31, 2023||Draft Business Model and Pilot Implementation Plan|
|April 1 – July 31, 2023||Pilot Implementation|
|Sept 12, 2023||Final report and recommendations to EYPD Hub Partnership|
|Sept 29, 2023||Final Business Plan|
Launched in summer 2020, the BC Early Years Professional Development (EYPD) Hub has attracted over 4000 users from across the BC early learning and child care (ELCC) sector. There is still lots of room to grow. With careful planning and implementation, it has the possibility to become a self-sustaining, lively, virtual space that not only provides greater access to quality online professional development but also strengthens the sector by facilitating connections, building community, creating space for the sharing of wise practices, and inspiring innovation. The EYPD Hub has the potential to bring educators together from across the province and unify the sector while supporting individual users to grow their practice and mobilize knowledge within their local context. With funding support from the BC Ministry of Education and Child Care, the EYPD Hub Partnership is developing a “Plan of Possibility” for the EYPD Hub to support long-term growth and sustainability of the site as a one-stop hub for professional learning in the BC ELCC sector. The site currently hosts a number of professional learning opportunities developed by the 5 partner organizations as well as the Ministry of Education and Child Care. As part of our planning, the EYPD Hub Partnership is engaging with stakeholders, including a survey of current EYPD Hub users, and looking to the future. We are seeking a consultant to support development of a business model and implementation plan that will allow for additional professional learning providers to host online learning opportunities on the EYPD Hub, thereby increasing and expanding access to quality, online professional development experiences for professionals in the sector.
The project’s goal is to support the expansion and long-term viability of the Hub, increasing affordable access to a larger variety of quality professional development opportunities while ensuring long-term sustainability of the site via cost recovery. Through implementation of the business plan:
- ELCC professionals in BC will have access to a wider variety of diverse, high-quality, affordable, online professional development opportunities via the EYPD Hub
- Professional learning providers from across the province will have affordable, secure access to a well-managed, trusted, and sustainable online learning management system, including administrative and user support
- The EYPD Hub will generate sufficient revenue to cover operational costs, support increased functionality tailored to the needs of users, and be self-sustaining for the next 5 to 10 years
Scope and Deliverables
Working with the EYPD Hub Project Manager and under the guidance of the EYPD Hub Partnership, the consultant will support development of an effective and actionable business model and implementation plan aimed at ensuring long-term sustainability of the EYPD Hub. Using learnings generated via the EYPD Hub partners, stakeholder engagement and EYPD Hub User Experience Survey, the consultant will:
- Conduct a practical assessment of the overall cost and resources needed for long-term (5-10 years) sustainability of the EYPD Hub, assuming continued, incremental growth in content, functionality and user engagement in line with the needs and priorities of the sector
- Conduct analysis of risks associated with long-term (5-10 years) expansion and growth of the EYPD Hub
- Make unbiased and informed recommendations for an initial business model that offers several ‘tiered’ options to professional learning providers looking to host online courses or other professional development opportunities on the EYPD Hub, including a fair and reasonable pricing structure
- Consider and advise on feasibility of additional revenue generation options and/or potential funding opportunities
- Develop and present an interim report and findings to the EYPD Partnership
- Develop a plan for piloting and implementing the chosen business model, with the initial pilot period occurring between April 1 and July 31, 2023 with selected providers (chosen by the EYPD Hub Partnership)
- Develop recommendations for a business development strategy and implementation plan to scale revenue over the next 5 years, incorporating input from pilot providers, EYPD Hub Partners and other key stakeholders.
- Develop a final report including lessons learned and recommendations for future growth
Qualifications & Experience
To accomplish project deliverables, the consultant will need to possess the following qualifications:
- Experience at successfully developing business plans tailored to the non-profit sector
- Commitment to working in collaboration with key project staff, EYPD Hub Partners and other stakeholders
- Experience at gathering and utilizing data to inform the business planning process
- Knowledgeable in the ELCC Sector, professional development and/or online learning an asset
- General Information
- Name, Title and Contact Information for each person engaged in project activities. If a consultant group or partnership of consultants is proposed, the proposal should indicate who will serve as the “point person” for the purposes of this RFP and the engagement.
- Description of relevant background
- Description of services offered
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Outline how the consultant/organization meets the required qualifications and experience as detailed in the RFP
- Provide an overview of the consultant/organization’s project approach, style, process
- Description of the deliverables
- Include three references who can speak to their experience with the consultant/organization in conducting projects of similar scope. Ideally, at least one of the three references should be from a business/customer which has retained the consultant in the development of a business plan that has been fully executed by the customer
- Previous Work Product
- Include at least two examples of written works similar to the scope of work requested within this RFP (e.g., business plan)
- Proposed Budget:
- Detail total cost with an itemized breakdown of fees and deliverables, including all taxes and expenses. The total budget for this scope of work is $40,000
Proposals submitted in response to this RFP will be evaluated by the Project Manager and EYPD Hub Partnership according to the following criteria:
- Cost/benefit to the EYPD Hub Partnership
- Consultant/organization relevant experience and qualifications
- Work plan/scope of work
- Compliance with proposal requirements
- Value-added or innovative
Consultants may be asked to participate in an interview to further gauge their fit and ability to work on this project. If needed, interviews will be scheduled to take place between December 12 and 16, 2022.
Consultant selection will be based on the consultant’s written proposal, interview(s) and the results of the reference checks.
Criteria for Evaluating Success of the Project
The EYPD Hub Partnership will deem this a successful project when they are given a final report which outlines a clear and actionable business model based on EYPD Hub sustainability, areas for future growth, and a recommended implementation plan.