The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2024-2025 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Fall 2023 Journal
View an outline of the Fall 2023 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
- 3 | Chair‘s Column: Q&A with ECEBC‘s Outgoing and Incoming Chairs
Violet Jessen and Christina Dicks
- 5 | Critical Literacy and Diversity: A Close Look at the Books We Choose
- 8 | Redefining Our Relationship with the Outdoors:
Learning Outside Together
Jan Miettinen and Amanda Blaquiere
- 11 | “I Will Peel Your Orange for You”: Building a Caring Community in an Infant and Toddler Centre
- 13 | Métis Nation BC Early Learning and Child Care Framework
Colleen Jacyna and Pawandeep Mann
- 16 | Celebrating Child Honouring Day 2023
- 19 | How Aboriginal Head Start Association of BC Is Fostering Growth for ECEs
Jenessa Joy Klukas
- 20 | Retirement: Celebrating Violet Jessen
- 22 | An Interview with Donna Legere, ECE and Children’s Author
- 24 | Why Get Involved with Your Local Branch?
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.