The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Winter 2020 Contents
View an outline of the Winter 2020 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: The Revised ELF & Other New Developments in ECE
- 5 | ECE Professional Development Bursary Fund: Supporting ECEs in Their Pursuit of Learning
- 7 | The New BC Early Learning Framework is here!
- 8 | Dropping In: Reflecting on Early Years Settings
- 10 | Common Worlding Connections: Thinking and Doing with Rats in Early Childhood Education
Sherri-Lynn Yazbeck, Kim Ainsworth, and Narda Nelson
- 14 | Peer Mentoring for Early Childhood Educators: Building Capacity and Leaving a Legacy
Laura K. Doan and Soon Young Jang
- 17 | Pedagogists and the Early Childhood Pedagogy Network
Veronica Pacini-Ketchabaw, Kathleen Kummen, and B. Denise Hodgins
- 20 | Drum Making and Learning with the Saanich Adult Education Centre Cohort
Enid Elliot and Mary Burgaretta
ECEBC Columns, News and Updates
- 2 | In This Issue
- 3 | Chair's Column—Stepping into 2020: The New BC Early Learning Framework
- 4 | Exectutive Director's Column—A New Decade Presents New Opportunities to Be Bold
- 22 | In Memoriam—Margaret Heater
- 23 | ECEBC's Kay Britton Mentorship Award Nomination
- 24 | ECEBC's Sue Fraser Student Award Nomination
- 26 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.