The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Winter 2023 Journal
View an outline of the Winter 2023 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: Times Of Change
- 6 | On Recruitment and Retention of Early Childhood Educators: My Story
- 9 | Leading Change
Tammy Dewar and Emily Mlieczko
- 12 | A Day in the Life of a Seamless Day Kindergarten Program
Christine Hamel and Sandra Cantin
- 13 | School-Age Early Learning Framework
School Age Child Care Association of BC
- 14 | The Spiral of Engagement Framework for Educators in a School-Age Centre
- 16 | Looking for Equity and Inclusion in the Child Care System in BC
Alison Gerlach and Janet Newbury
Articles and Columns
- 3 | From the Chair — Putting the Education Back Into Early Childhood Education
- 18 | Infant Plus Project with Camosun College Practicum Students
Enid Elliot with Annette Annicchiarico and Samantha Wylie
- 22 | Charcoal Pedagogical Narrations: One Small Encounter
- 26 | Mother Goose and Me: The History of Parent-Child Mother Goose Program in BC
- 29 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.