The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Summer 2023 Journal
View an outline of the Summer 2023 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Diversity And Inclusion
- 5 | Supporting Neurodiversity through an Emotional Regulation Approach
- 8 | BC’s Child Care Crisis in Context from a Parent's Perspective
Tabatha Berggren and Janet Newbury
- 11 | Positive Behavioral Supports Mentor Model in Nanaimo: Supporting ECEs through Training, Coaching, and Mentoring
- 14 | Through the Lens: A Photographic Exploration of Exclusion, Inclusion, and Belonging in the Child Care SystemChildcare Leadership Group, Pacific Immigrant Resources Society
- 17 | 2022 BC Child Poverty Report Card
- 19 | Why Is Racism So Hard to Talk About?
- 21 | An Interview with Rhonda Girard, Children’s Author
- 24 | Book Review: Illuminating Care by Carol Gaboden Murray
- 26 | Community Champions: ECEBC Award Recipients 2023
- 27 | Student Voices: Reflections on an Indigenous Plant Inquiry
Columns, News and Updates
3 | Chair's Column: Know Your “Why”: The Purpose Behind What You Do as an Early Childhood Educator
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.