The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Fall 2021 Journal
View an outline of the Fall 2021 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: Early Childhood Pedagogy Network
- 5 | Pedagogy and Pedagogists in Early Childhood Education
Veronica Pacini-Ketchabaw and Kathleen Kummen
- 8 | “The Doorway Has Been Opened”: The First Nations Pedagogies Network
Danielle Alphonse, Leona Antoine, Cathy Balatti, Graham Giles, Chelsey Hardy, Charmayne Nikal, Áurea Vericat Rocha, & Elizabeth Williams
- 11 | Encountering Place Through Photographic Inquiry
Courtney Amber, April Martin-Ko, Golda Lewin, Shenuri Nugawila, and Maryam Naddaf
- 13 | Reimagining Possibilities for Early Childhood Education with Fabric and Thread
Teresa Smith, Frances Smyth, Kim Smith, Amy Wesley, and Veronica Maclean
- 17 | Pedagogical Work in Large Centres: Interweaving Macro and Micro Practices
Anita Galvin, Jiyeon Kim, Karen Samuel Boley, and Leigh Kweon
- 20 | Pedagogical Narrations: Beginning, Listening, Questioning
Samantha Wylie, Sara Ashley, Janet Lacroix, Kristin Webster, and Chivonne Graff
- 23 | Meeting Materials: Stories of Relationship
Chelsea Hann, Gloria Albarracin, Kirsten MacDougall Seiler, and Patti McDougall
- 27 | The Work of the Post-Secondary Institution Pedagogist: Crafting Educational Spaces and Relations that Create Conditions for Collective Acts
Karen Liska, Lesley Henderson, Bo Sun Kim, and Adrienne Argent
- 32 | Ten Years In: Working with Pedagogists at University of Victoria Child Care Services
B. Denise Hodgins, Narda Nelson, Sherri-Lynn Yazbeck, and Kim Ainsworth
Columns, News, Letters & Updates
- 1 | In This Issue
- 3 | From the Chair— Why Listening Matters and How Our Questions Can Help Us Learn
- 37 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.