The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Winter 2022 Journal
View an outline of the Winter 2022 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: Navigating Change and Uncertainty
- 5 | Using Our Code of Ethics to Navigate Uncertainty
- 7 | Acts of Kindness and Mentoring
- 9 | The Evolution of Early Childhood Care and Education
- 11 | Key Findings from the Evaluation of the Early Care and Learning Recruitment and Retention Strategy
- 15 | The Impact of the ECE Wage Enhancement: A Personal Experience of Becoming an ECE in BC
- 16 | Peer-Mentoring Program for Early Childhood Educators in BC Expands
Laura K. Doan , Emily Gawlick, Karolyn Hendra, Melanie Boucher
- 20 | Recruiting, Supporting, and Retaining Staff
Interview with Keely Freeman
- 22 | Learning Outside Together: Incorporating Traditional Wisdom and Promising Practices to Futureproof Child Care Programs
- 23 | Mentorship: Learning from Circles and Trees
Karolyn Hendra and Liz Brown
- 25 | Reflecting and Responding
- 26 | An Interview with Kathy Sager, Early Childhood Educator and Children’s Author
- 28 | In Memoriam: Jackie Lindsay
- 29 | Leadership in ECE: Problem-Solving and Goal Setting to Empower Staff
Columns, News, Letters & Updates
- 1 | In This Issue
- 3 | From the Chair— Early Childhood Educators in a Changing Landscape
- 33 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.