The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Winter 2021 Contents
View an outline of the Winter 2021 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: The Revised ELF & Other New Developments in ECE
- 5 | How Far We've Come: The $10aDay Plan After 10 Years
- 7 | Compensating ECEs Fairly: Why a Wage Grid Is Essential to Building BC’s Child Care System
- 10 | From Surviving to Thriving: The Impact of the Universal Child Care Prototype Project
Ruby Derksen and Charlene Gray
- 13 | Reflections on the Peer-Mentoring Project for Early Childhood Educators in British Columbia
Laura K. Doan, Friday Bailey, Amanda Kopetski, Rachel Lanphear, Nora Mejia, Cari Rawling, Alex Robertson, Hannah Schwartzentruber
- 20 | The ECE Student Bursary
- 21 | Shifts in Professional Learning: Keeping Fully Alive with Communities of Practice
- 22 | ECEBC's Position Paper—Integrating the Early Childhood Education Professional and Programs into the Ministry of Education
Emily Gawlick and the ECEBC Board of Directors
- 26 | ECE Profile—From ECE to Children’s Book Author: An Interview with Ruth Beardsley
- 28 | In Memoriam— Joké Slater: She Lives In Our Hearts
- 32 | Student Perspectives—The Road Travelled
Columns, News, Letters & Updates
- 2 | In This Issue
- 4 | From the Executive Director— Together We Are Stronger: Navigating the Many Changes for Our Profession
- 30 | Letters to ECEBC: Celebrating Identity and Diversity
- 33 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.