The Early Childhood Educator
The Early Childhood Educator is a publication of ECEBC and is distributed to its members four times yearly. Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ECEBC.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are part of a member's benefits. Subscriptions are available to institutions and to individuals ineligible for membership for a $50.00 annual fee. Download the subscription application form (PDF).
- Advertising: Are you interested in advertising in The Early Childhood Educator? Download our Advertising Rate Card for 2020-2021 (PDF) or view our advertising and sponsorship page.
- Writing: Interested in writing for The Early Childhood Educator? Download the Guidelines for Writers (PDF) / Photo Permission Form (PDF).
Spring 2021 Journal
View an outline of the Spring 2021 publication below and read selected articles.
To view the entire publication please
For institutions and individuals that are ineligilbe for membership a subscription is available: Subscription Application Form (PDF).
Focus: How Has The Pandemic Changed Early Childhood Education?
- 6 | An Exploration Into the Impact of Big-World Events on the Development of Children
- 11 | Zoom: How It Has Changed Our Lives
Natalie Lucas, Alison Salo, and Samantha Zaytsoff
- 13 | The Pandemic and Outdoor Play
- 14| Online Learning: Reflections on My Experience (Past and Present)
- 10 | Transformation in Early Childhood Education: Gradual Movements of Becoming
- 20 | Mentorship as a Strategy to Address Recruitment and Retention in the Early Years Sector
Laura K. Doan and Charlene Gray
- 26 | Shifts in Professional Learning: How Mentorship Supports Thinking Together in Communities of Practice
Nicky Byres, Jacqueline Ewonus, Lisa Nicholson, and Jennifer Vanderberg
- 28 | Spring Has Sprung
Kathy Sager and Tanya Makasoff
- 30 | Re-searching Early Childhood Pedagogies: A Blog Co-composed by VIU ECEC Students, Faculty, and Community Member
Antje Bitterberg and Cheryl Cameron
- 34 | ECE Profile—From ECE to Children’s Book Author: An Interview with Doreen Funk
Columns, News, Letters & Updates
- 1 | In This Issue
- 3 | From the Chair— In This Liminal Space We Live: Image of the Early Childhood Educator in COVID Times
- 5 | ECEBC News and Announcements
- 37 | ECEBC Membership Form
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding accessing the journal, advertisting or writing please contact us.