ECEBC Board of Directors Nominations are OPEN
Published: June 22nd, 2022
There are many exciting opportunities in the evolving early years profession. ECEBC’s commitment to this important work is to ensure the voice of the educator is heard at this crucial time. The ECEBC Board is heavily involved in this work and is dedicated to building respect for early childhood education and educators. In fact, its work is expanding so it is now open for candidates who wish to be part of these opportunities and challenges.
ECEBC continues to value diversity in the composition of its board. We need experienced and interested individuals who can help using a board lens and a collective voice.
Are you someone who shares ECEBC‘s mission and is committed to be a collective voice for the profession in BC?
Do you share the Board’s dedication to building respect for early childhood education and educators?
We’re looking for people with diverse experience in areas such as but not limited to:
- Respecting and engaging with diverse perspectives in the early years,
- Working with an ethical and anti racism practice lens,
- Building Indigenous relationships and partnerships,
- Being actively engaged in truth and reconciliation,
- Communicating effectively (listening, engaging in dynamic dialogue, being open minded, giving constructive feedback, etc.)
- Demonstrating ethical practice as outlined in the ECEBC Code of Ethics
- Exhibiting knowledge of the early childhood education sector (BC and Canadian)
- Displaying knowledge of the evolving BC child care plan
If you have other experience and diverse skills (e.g.: governance, finance, legal, marketing, technology, etc.) they would be an asset.
If you are interested and would like additional information, and/or an application form please reach out to: CRawling@ecebc.ca
Application submission via email or in writing mailed to the ECEBC office.
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 17th, 2022 by 5pm
Please note that the Societies Act of BC and ECEBC By-Laws state that you must be elected by the members of ECEBC, agree to perform all the duties of a director (Please request: Requirements of a Director) and participate in a selection process conducted by the Board’s nominating committee.