Call for Artists: Logo Design
Published: August 9th, 2021
The Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC), the BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS), and the non-profit research organization the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC) are seeking Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Artists for a logo competition on now!
The Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC), the BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS), and the non-profit research organization the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC) are working together on the “Learning Outside Together: Incorporating traditional wisdom and promising practices to futureproof child care programs.” This project supports Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) in developing the knowledge and skills needed to increase children’s time and meaningful experiences outdoors. ECEs will be supported throughout the project by colleagues trained in mentorship. Both the mentorship and outdoor experiences courses will be provided via an online platform, hosted on the Early Years Hub.
The project partners invite artists to submit proposals for the design of one or two logos. This may be of interest to artists and designers (Indigenous and non-Indigenous) with a background in painting, drawing, printing, design composition, or graphic design.
- This project requires the creation of original art.
- Artists may submit either a single logo to be used for both programs, or (preferably) two distinct but related logos that represent the separate programs - mentorship and outdoor experiences.
Artists may submit their portfolio for consideration. Please note: Logo submissions will be considered first. If a logo cannot be selected, reviewer will move to submitted portfolios to commission an artist(s).
- Preference will be given to logo(s) that incorporate both Indigenous and non-Indigenous styles, in recognition that this project is a partnership between Indigenous and non-Indigenous nonprofit organizations.
- Artists may choose to submit work developed individually or in collaboration with other(s).
- The artist budget available for this project is $1,500 (excluding tax).
- The successful artist(s) will relinquish legal ownership of their Logo(s) upon receipt of payment.
Submissions will be accepted to email@example.com
Deadline for artist submissions is September 17th, 2021
The project is guided by a steering committee including Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators, Elders, knowledge keepers, early childhood educators and other professionals who recognize the value of incorporating traditional knowledge, experience, and lessons learned from initiatives around the globe.
The project is 80% funded through Future Skills Canada. Additional project funding is being sought.