Additional Funding Available for Students in Winter 2020 & Summer 2020 Semesters
Published: May 20th, 2020
The number of requests for the ECE Education Support Fund (bursary) has exceeded expectations and over $10 million has been put into the hands of students since the newly branded program was launched in September 2018.
The Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC) and the Government of British Columbia are pleased to announce that an additional $4 million in funding became available for early childhood education bursaries.
New Funding Available
ECEBC and the Government of British Columbia understand how incredibly important these bursaries are to students, and we are continuing to work together to support as many students as possible. While we do not yet know if there will be additional funds made available in the future, we hope that this round of funding for the Winter 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters will help students continue their studies.
For students who completed courses during the Winter 2020 semester and were put on the bursary wait list:
- Transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the appropriate subject line with your email: “WINTER 2020 TRANSCRIPT”.
- Winter 2020 Transcripts must be received by May 22nd, 2020.
If you started a practicum, observation course, or any other course that required you to be physically located in a child care setting, but could not finish the course due to COVID-19 restrictions, you are still eligible for bursary support. This is shown on your transcript as an incomplete course and you will need to submit the transcript to ECEBC for verification. Transcripts indicating the final completion of these courses must be submitted when available.
Limited funds will be distributed on a first come first serve basis for students enrolled in courses in Summer 2020:
- Applications must be sent to email@example.com
- Please include the appropriate subject line with your email: “SUMMER 2020 APPLICATION”.
- Only COMPLETED applications will be accepted from June 1st to June 12th, 2020.
- Applications will not be accepted before or after these dates.
- Unlike previous semesters, there will NOT be a waitlist created.
- Approved applicants will be informed by July 3rd, 2020 at 4pm
View the Application Guide and Application Forms on the Education Support Fund Page.