ECEBC Annual Conference 2024
Call For Presenters
We are excited to share that the in-person conference is scheduled for May 23rd to 25th and will be held in Richmond AND Kamloops BC.
We are seeking presenters for both locations. Please find out more below and fill out the form by November 30th, 2023.
Call For Presenters
Workshop sessions should:
- Full day workshop or 2 hour block (must run for the entire time block)
- Be designed for an adult audience and allow for interaction and questions
- minimum of 25 delegates
- Include techniques, strategies or ideas to help delegates share their learning once they return to their communities.
- Presenters are asked to align their presentations with the conference theme.
Conference delegates include licensed early childhood educators, administrators, school age and family child care
providers, students, ECEs from First Nations communities, instructors, research and policy analysts, and advocates
Topics to choose from but are not limited too:
- Ethics, Advocacy and Leadership
- Experiments in Pedagogies and Curriculum
- Pedagogical Narration and Living Inquiry
- Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Indigenous knowledges
- Action on Truth and Reconciliation
- Relationship with Land
- Educator well-being
- Anti-racism/bias approaches in ECE practice
- Collective Action in the community, classroom
- Innovative ways of working with students
Remuneration is given to the lead presenter submitting the proposal and includes the following:
- $200 for each two-hour session
- Up to a maximum of $30 towards the costs of photocopying and printing materials. Claims for reimbursement must be supported with receipts. Alternatively, presenters may have their materials printed at the ECEBC office and delivered to the conference site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Morning coffee and lunch on the day of presentation.
- Discounted conference registration rate is available on the day of presentation.
- NOTE: Travel, accommodation and parking are the sole responsibility of the presenter.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed and selected based on timeliness of session topic, creativity of approach, expertise
of presenters, and relevance to the conference theme, proposals selected will demonstrate an understanding of
inclusiveness, diversity (i.e. cultural, racial, religious, class, age, and developed abilities), and ethical practices.
Interested In Being a Presenter?
We are looking for presenters for the conference in both Richmond and Kamloops. Deadline for submission is November 30th.
Submit a workshop proposal using the button below.
Questions or Comments? Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding the ECEBC Annual Conference and/or becoming a presenter,
please email email@example.com