Early Childhood Development Coordinator
Pauquachin First Nations
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
October 17th, 2022
October 6th, 2022
Early Childhood Development Coordinator
Salary: $23 wage (ECE Wage Enhancement will add $4 per hour if a certified ECE)
Job type: Term Full-time (October-July 1)
Job location: 9010 West Saanich Road, North Saanich BC.
Closing Date: Thursday, October 6th
Anticipated Start date: October 17, 2022
We are a strong independent nation that takes pride in Nuts’a’maat (working together). Through unity, BOḰEĆEN (Pauquachin) will thrive as a safe, healthy and successful nation taking an active role to protect our lands and resources for our SELISET (family).
Pauquachin operates a licensed childcare center, and host drop-in programs for families.
The Early Childhood Development (ECD) Coordinator performs a combination of administrative duties while being involved with children aged 0-6 and families of the Pauquachin nation.
The Head Start and ECD Program is a holistic program that meets the individual needs of the children spiritually, intellectually, physically, cognitively, and emotionally, with activities that are enhanced by hul’q’umi’num’.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direction of the Head Start Manager, the ECD Coordinator will deliver developmentally appropriate activities for the Head Start (HS) program.
· Ensure the ECD program is delivered to the highest standard possible
· Coordinate, assist, and facilitate in multiple programs
o Parenting Programs
o Baby Group Program
o Family Programs
· Maintain office standards (supply ordering, file organization, etc)
· Maintain detailed records of activities, menus, and attendance
· Prepare healthy snacks/lunches as required
· Collaborate with outside agencies
· Ensure children develop peer relationships and social behavior while supporting a child’s resilience
Who would be a great fit for this opportunity:
This position is perfect for an ECE or ECEA certified individual who is seeking a full-time position and is eager to take their work to the next level with more administrative duties.
The following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities will be a great asset and transferrable to this position:
· Knowledge of:
o First Nations Language, Culture, and Traditions
o Experience with First Nations Children and Families an asset
o Community and Family resources
· Skilled in:
o Interpersonal Interaction
o Written and Oral Communication
· Ability to:
o Develop and maintain trusting, supportive relationships with children and families
o Refer parents, legal guardians, and family to appropriate resources
o Contribute effectively to a team
o Coordinate with community resources
o Continuously learn
What we require:
· Licensed Early Childhood Educator, or Licensed Childhood Education Assistant
· Relevant work experiences an asset
· Food Safe Certification
· Valid Standard First Aid/CPR-C/AED Certification
· Valid class 5 driver’s license
· Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Why work with Pauquachin First Nations?
· Your work is valued and will have an impact in the lives of families in a local First Nations community
· You will meet a wonderful, friendly community, amazing families, and great children
· If desired, you will have the opportunity to learn Hul’q’umi’num’
· We invite as much creativity and positive energy into our workplace as possible
· We continually learn and grow to support the needs of our community
· We offer a competitive salary, full-time hours, and value you as an asset to our team
*Preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry*
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Administrative Assistant, Pauquachin First Nation
ECE or ECEA Certifications acceptable
Years Experience Required:
Relevant work experience preferred
Salary & Benefits:
$23 per hour full time.
This is a temporary position that has funding until July 1st 2023.