TERRY TAYLER ELCC & TODDLER PROGRAM CHILDCARE WORKER- FULL-TIME, TERM CERTAIN (Mat leave)
Collingwood Neighbourhood House
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
Other: 3-5 and Toddler Care
As soon as possible
- Work with a team to plan and implement a quality program for young children, maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and colleagues.
- Apply contemporary Early Childhood practices within a Reggio Emilia inspired program
- Be familiar with the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing
- Support each child’s holistic development using the BC Early Learning Framework
- Demonstrate understanding of and respect for the competency of young children
- Be aware of and work within the ECEBC Code of Ethics
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Must be 19 years of age and eligible to work in Canada
- Infant and Toddler License to Practice required
- Current First Aid certificate required
- Must have or be willing to get a Criminal Record Check Clearance Letter
- Strong program planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills required
- Understanding of Emergent Curriculum/Reggio Emilia Philosophy
- Ability to work within a multicultural/intercultural environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Preference is given to candidates who are members of the Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Experience working in a licensed 3-5 & Toddler childcare centre an asset
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $19.52-$21.21* (additional $4 Wage Enhancement per hour for ECE certified staff) *subject to improvement
Extended health and dental benefits
Pension Plan starting October 2022
Schedule: 35 hours per week (Rotating shifts between 7:30am and 6 pm) Monday-Friday.
Start date: ASAP
Estimated End Date: February 2023
Location: Terry Tayler Early Learning & Care Toddler and 3-5 Centre. 2355 East 30th Ave.
This is a unionized position covered by a Collective Agreement with CUPE Local 1936.
Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
The Early Years department at CNH promotes and delivers quality of care and age appropriate services and programs to children and families in the Renfrew Collingwood Community. We value rewarding partnerships with the families and children we serve. We believe that every child has the right to play and learn in a safe and nurturing environment and that parents should be able to access affordable, high quality, publicly funded, community delivered services, that meet the needs of the family.