Early Childhood Educator
Fraser River CEC
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
3 - 5 Years
As soon as possible
Fraser River CEC- Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services exists to offer an exemplary model of early learning and care services to children and families in the community.
We highly believe that our educators are pillars of our early learning model. The high-quality of early childhood program can only be offered when our staff believes in education, ongoing professional development, maintaining positive relationships with each other and work as a team!
If you believe that you could create a difference in early learning community by strengthening your relationships with children, families and in a team, we are looking for you and would love to hear more about you! Please apply below.
Facility: Fraser River CEC-Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Type of Child Care: 3-5 year old
Position: Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator with Infant/Toddler certificate
While in compliance with Fraser River CEC-Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services policies and procedures, the Early Childhood Educator will:
- Develop and implement a program that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children and meets the needs of the Child Care Licensing and Regulations and BC Health Act
- Lead activities and provide an environment that supports inquiry and scaffolding of the children's interests by following BC Early Learning Framework and Fraser River CEC’s Program and Guiding Principles
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well- being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or next steps with the family and other staff. Implement individual program plans as guided by the Manager
- Observe children and prepare reports/ documentation for the family, guardians and supervisor
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily living skills
- Collaborate with co-workers and community service providers to support the needs of the children and families
- Maintain a clean and organized space. Use professional and responsive communication with staff members to promote a positive partnership
- Understand the Canadian Child Care Federation and ECEBC- Code of Ethics and apply them to day to day interactions and performance
- Record notes and important information related to children’s well-being in the communication book (i.e. illness, accident reports, etc.)
- A minimum of an ECE diploma certificate
- Proof of successful experience and program planning skills in a quality early childhood environment,
- Current first aid, CPR, immunization record and a valid criminal record clearance are also required.
- First Aid, CPR
Years Experience Required:
Salary & Benefits:
Salary & Benefits
- A generous vacation of 2 weeks.
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package (where applicable)
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Personal Days
- Life insurance and short and long-term disability coverage
- Workplace Safety Insurance coverage
- A positive work environment
- An opportunity to have meaningful work
- Life-long learning and training opportunities
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Exciting annual staff events