Early Childhood Educator (Supervisor)
Ts'kw'aylaxw First Nation
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
As soon as possible
This position will coordinate all Early Childhood activities relating to the Head Start and Daycare Programs.
- Oversee the development of the Early Childhood Education Program for Ts’kw’aylaxw through:
- Implement all Early Childhood Education Programs for children ages zero to six years;
- Providing a safe & clean environment for all participants in the programs for ages zero to six years;
- Ensure Centre and programs meet all regulations and mandates of programs.
- Coordinate with assistants to deliver daily activities of the programs offered at the Centre:
- Child intake;
- Maintain child records;
- Supervision of staff of Head Start including assistants, volunteers and any other staff at the Centre;
- Child interaction;
- Ensure that safety and emergency procedures are implemented and maintained;
- Ensure that the programming meets the tradition, cultural, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of the children;
- Administer to all policies and procedures of the Ts’kw’aylaxw Daycare/Preschool;
- Provide healthy snacks and lunches for the programs.
- Coordinate communication strategies for parents and the community of Ts’kw’aylaxw:
- Distribution of newsletters to community;
- Community and parent involvement;
- Coordinate Parent Advisory Council meetings;
- Team work with staff, community and other programs.
- Must have administration skills and be computer literate;
- Must have a vulnerable sector criminal record check;
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license and own transportation;
- Must have Food safe and Emergency Childcare First Aid and CPR/AED.
Years Experience Required:
Salary & Benefits:
Wage is based on experience