Early Childcare Educator/Early Childcare Education Infant Toddler
Village of Canal Flats
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
Other: Infant to School Age
January 2nd, 2023
Live . Work
Our community is like no other. As the source of the Columbia River, we are uniquely positioned between the Kootenay River and the Columbia Lake. The Rocky and Purcell Mountains are right in your own back yard. Walk or bike to work and enjoy your weekends hiking, camping, and exploring the outdoors.
As a strong team we are committed to supporting career and personal development. We work with our staff on developing key technical and leadership competencies. We focus on over 18 different areas from leadership to strategic thinking and problem solving.
The Village of Canal Flats has an opportunity for an ECE and an ECEIT to work in our amazing new day care facility. The successful candidates will support the start-up of our day care program and develop programming in support of families throughout the Columbia Valley.
Live and Work in our community. Talk to us today about what our community offers.
Early Childcare Educator(ECE) / Early Childcare Educator Infant Toddler (ECEIT)
The Village of Canal Flats seeks enthusiastic, caring, and reliable Early Childhood Educators to join our team in a newly constructed, provincially licensed, 40-space childcare facility, expected to open January 2023.
This new program will create a warm, supportive, healthy and engaging early learning environment for both children and caregivers.
- An Early Childhood Educator license that is valid in BC;
- Infant/Toddler licence that is valid in BC is an asset;
- Current First Aid approved by CCFLB;
- Criminal Records Check;
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Years Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year daycare experience;
- Demonstrates the ability to work in an effective team environment;
- Knowledge of and willingness and ability to follow and implement Childcare Licencing regulations.
Salary & Benefits:
The ECE and ECEIT positions has a competitive salary that will be contingent upon experience and qualifications.
The Village of Canal Flats offers the following workplace benefits:
- extended health, dental and life insurance benefits paid by the employer;
- have a paid ECEBC membership;
- earn paid sick and holiday time;
- enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan with employer matching;