School Administrator / Assistant Manager
Burnaby Montessori School
Please view the information below for a detailed job description outlining the role and responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact the organization directly and follow any application instructions as described within the job description details below.
Hours Per Week:
8am to 4pm
Type of Child Care:
3 - 5 Years
As soon as possible
Montessori School Office Administrator / Assistant Managaer
Who are We: Montessori school licensced with Fraser Helath Authorities and Ministry of Education for Independent Schools, offering a full-day and half-day Montessori preschool, kindergarten and grade 1 program for children ages 2.5 to 6 years of age.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced School Office Administrator / Assistant Manager to be a part of our management team who will asssit wtih overseeing the day to day operations of the school.
This positon is ideal for anyone who has been in the ECE field teaching in the classroom and is looking to transition out of the classroom, but still reamaing in the ECE field.
The successful candidate will need to be familiar with Fraser Health regulations which pertain to childcare.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls/emails
- Assist with registration meetings, interviewing, hiring, orientation, supervision and evaluation of staff
- Coordinate and oversee new children’s admission into the school, including but not limited to, inquiries, tours and registration
- File monthly enrolment reports and subsidy claim forms to the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Compose school notices/reminders
- Assist with carrying out the necessary arrangements for school events including winter celebration, Mother’s Day, year-end concert/graduation, sports day etc.
- Incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage social media and web sites
- Inventor and purchasing of supplies/material
- Manage children’s registration files
- Coordinate and set dates for yearly calendar with important dates
- Assist with general maintenance of school environment
- Manage and direct staff
- Assist with facilitating staff meetings
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking English
- Experience and knowledge working and managing in child care environment
- Familiar with the Fraser Health Child Care Licensing regulations (Willing to train)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office/Word, Outlook and Excel
Position Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Years Experience Required:
Salary & Benefits:
Starting at $25.00 Per Hour (Based on Experince)