In 2010, the Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC and the Early Childhood Educators of BC released a draft plan for an Integrated System of Early Care and Learning in BC. The draft responded to BC’s implementation of full school day Kindergarten for 5 year olds and the deepening child care crisis facing BC families.
For over 6 months, thousands of British Columbians engaged in a dialogue about our draft plan. This dialogue helped shape and inform our finalized Community Plan for a Public System of Integrated Early Care and Learning.
The Plan, released in April 2011, offers a concrete, innovative and ambitious way forward and provides a framework for significant and lasting change.
Since its release, the Plan has been enthusiastically endorsed and supported by a growing number of individuals and organizations. These voices are calling on government to adopt and implement the Plan so that children, families, communities and our economy are served by a high quality, universal, democratic and accountable system of early care and learning.
There are 3 ways to endorse the Plan:
- As an individual
- As an organization
- As an academic
• Money in Your Pocket education campaign
- Information Sheet
- Community Plan dollars
• Three fact sheets about the Plan
- Fact Sheet for BC Parents: What the Plan means for Families
[English / Chinese / Filipino / Punjabi / Spanish / Vietnamese]
- It Makes Good Dollars & Sense: Economic Rationale for Public Investment
- By The Numbers: BC Children, Families and Child Care
• Have questions? Check out the FAQ
• Take Action: Community Toolkit
• Letter to ECEBC Members
We appreciate your interest in sharing this information. Please note that if you are making multiple copies for ECE students at the post-secondary level, we:
- Welcome your donation of $250 per class set, payable to the CCCABC c/o 2772 East Broadway, Vancouver BC V5M 1Y8
- Welcome the opportunity to prepare and mail the copies to you. Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.